Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script Automation Question

This topic is 5406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Don't know if this is the right place to post it because it is a server and scripting question. I want to be able to send a scheduled email. My business is a security business that runs 24/7. I want to run a script that will export a PDF of the day's actions, attach it to an e-mail and send it.

I see that most of that is NOT web compatible, so what I was thinking is to just run a "create a record" script in Server so when that record is created in FMP, then through a conditional if/then thing based on account would trigger the script that would email me.

I know it's a convoluted way to go about, but that's all I have?

So number one, it's not working right... the server says it ran successfully, but it didn't create a record in the database. Do I have to have actual FMP software on the same computer that the Server is running to make this happen?

Please help and thanks in advance...

If you are still on FM 8.5, and presumably FMS 8 then you cannot achieve what you are doing on the server natively. You cannot run FMP and FMS on the same machine either. Options:

1. A plug-in to do the exporting (360 works)

2. A 'slave' machine to run at specific times to send the e-mail

3. Upgrade to FMS 10/FMP 10 as EXPORT RECORDS (xls, csv - but NO PDF) will run on FMS10 and use the Send Mail script step to send the file.

This topic is 5406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.