Omit records from a search

cbouse

This topic is 5395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that records membership information including a membership expiration date. I wrote three simple scrips that find expired members, members that will be expired in 30 days, and members that will be expired in 60 days.

I need to figure out the scripting to exclude the people that have expired for the expiring in 30 days list, and to exclude the people that have expired and the people that will expire in 30 days from the expires in 60 days list.

can someone please help with the script to do this....

Thaks

I'm not sure if you want the 30 day and 60 day script to show only the ones expiring in the stated period, or to Omit them. However, I'm guessing you want to see these records, so...

To show only those record expiring in the LAST 30 or 60 days

Enter Find Mode [ ]

Set Field [ YourExpiryDate; Get ( CurrentDate ) -30 & "..." & Get ( CurrentDate ) ]

Perform Find [ ]

Enter Find Mode [ ]

Set Field [ YourExpiryDate; Get ( CurrentDate ) -60 & "..." & Get ( CurrentDate ) - 30 ]

Perform Find [ ]

If you are looking for the members who will be expiring in the NEXT 30 or 60 days, you can adjust the scripts above.

You can also us the Set Variable Step.

Set Variable [ $start; Value: Get ( CurrentDate ) - 30 ]

Set Variable [ $End; Value: Get ( CurrentDate ) ]

Enter Find Mode [ ]

Set Field [ YourExpiryDate; $start & ".." & $end ]

Perform Find [ ]

Set Variable [ $start; Value: Get ( CurrentDate ) - 60 ]

Set Variable [ $End; Value:Get ( CurrentDate ) - 30 ]

Enter Find Mode [ ]

Set Field [ YourExpiryDate; $start & ".." & $end ]

Perform Find [ ]

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest

Lee,

You assumed correctly. I wanted to generate a report that will give me a list of people that will expire in the next 30 days and 60 days but don't want the same people to show up in the reports, (don't want the 30 day people in the 60 day report).

Thank you so much for the reply. If you don't mind, im trying to learn this for myself so what is the difference between the two and which one is better?

I tried the easier script but couldn't get it to work. It just tells me that there are no results.

Enter Find Mode []

SetField [membership_information::membership_expiration_date; Get(CurrentDate)-60&"..."&Get(CurrentDate)-30

Perform Find []

Thanks again,

Chris

Edited by Guest

I'm trying to learn this for myself so what is the difference between the two and which one is better?

For your need, the first one is better, because you know the periods that you want to find. I used the Set Variable Step to introduce you to them, probably not the best example because it doesn't really show their versatility. However, when you need more flexibility in your searches, then you will want to investigate the use of global fields, variables, and script parameters.

Lee

This topic is 5395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.