"Opener" Database??

Arin

This topic is 8244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but I don't really know if the solution requires scripts, relationships or what...

I've got about 12 Databases, some are related, and some aren't.

They're all served via Server 5.5.

What do I need to do to set up a "Opener" database that when opened on a FMP 5 Client machine will launch all of the databases on that client?

I noticed that if I open one of my related DB's it will open all others that it has relationships with, but it seemed somewhat excessive to build another DB with relationships to all of them, for the sole purpose of opening them.

Anyone know of another/better way? Or is this an acceptable solution?

-A

An opener database in its simplest form contains no field, not additional layouts and one script set as a startup script. This script typically looks like:

Allow User Abort (off)

Set Error Capture (on)

Open(hidden, File 1)

Open(hidden, File 2)

Perform Script(external, File n, "Show layout you want on open")

Close()

The idea here is to open all files, but not show them. The script navigates to the whatever you want to show the user on startup. The Close() statement closes the Opener file.

-bd

• Newbies

My situation is simular. I have created the Opener file but I am having problems with it opening all of the relational databases. There are about 13 files and it gives a message ""X"file cannot be found". When I click on "hosts" the file does not show up in the list. I am connected one Mac to the host Mac both running OS 9.0.4 and Filemaker 5. Thanks, Lisa

This topic is 8244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.