I need to send personal emails, through smtp, more-quickly

databaser

This topic is 5381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been using the smtp feature in pro 10 advanced, and i can't seem to ever get it send personalized emails out, quicker than 1200-1500 per hour.

I have an email list of 30,000, so this means, that if I want to email everyone, I have to let the script run for about an entire day, and then, I really can't use filemaker for other things, at the same time.

If anyone has advice, I could sure use it.

I know there are things out there like mailchimp.com, but i don't think they can personalize the email, and I really just wanted to use filemaker to do this all myself.

If anyone could help, I could really really use it (somewhat urgently)

also, when i send it out through my server, instead of a client (like outlook), i don't get a good record of who actually got an email, and also, i get the 'email(s) could not be sent pop up) every so often.

So the only solution (not that this actually seemed to slow down the timing) seemed to be using a loop, where it sends the email out for one particular record, then sets a field in that record to a certain value, and then goes to the next record, and repeats.

but then, every ~130 emails, i get the 'emails could not be sent, successfully, pop-up', and i have to click 'okay' for it to resume.

which means I can't even leave my office for a few hours and know that it's sending out these emails while i'm gone.

i'm wondering if there's anything that could be done about this

(btw, doesn't filemaker seems so great yet SO imperfect, at the same time, and i wouldn't b e surprised if version 18 is already done, i think they intentionally leave stuff out each time - why no custom-shaped buttons, etc - makes no sense)

Could you allocate more RAM to FMP in the preferences?

Turn off the sharing features too if you can. I've always noticed a difference in performance between shared and single user.

This topic is 5381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.