Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing in Snow Leopard?

spongebob

This topic is 5345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Up to now Ive always used FM 8,5 in Leopard without problems.

In Snowleopard I am now unable to print anything from Filemaker.

It just doesnt print. Dialog disappears and it prints nothing.

Any ideas? I cant upgrade 8,5 as the implications of that at the moment are to huge (too many Dbs to upgrade).

I think Ill downgrade again.

Anyone have this and solve it?

And yes; I have read the recommendations by some members here not to upgrade yet, so please let someone answer this who may have a tip how to solve it, rather than post an I told you so, thank you.

Edited by Guest

I cant upgrade 8,5 as the implications of that at the moment are to huge (too many Dbs to upgrade).

Do you mean that the status panel has moved from left side to top of window? Other than this there shouldn't be an upgrade issue as FM10 uses the same file format as 8.5.

(Must admit I too am stuck at FM9 due to the status panel)

"Do you mean that the status panel has moved from left side to top of window? Other than this there shouldn't be an upgrade issue as FM10 uses the same file format as 8.5.

(Must admit I too am stuck at FM9 due to the status panel) "

No. with me its the general simple fear of the unknown.

LOL no.

My "old school" has always taught me this: never, ever access an FM Server Version A with clients having Version A and then some other clients using version B.

For me thats a principle nono as when things go wrong you then have no clue as to why.

So I avoid that.

Maybe Im wrong?

Can I use 10.x clients with 8.5v3 and mix the client versions? Im sure I read somewhere that that is a "not recommended" / "not supported" / "go away were busy now" setup.. :

no?

Thanks for the link by the way.

Next Question as you folks are so helpful (thank you!):

Is the File Recover command in anyway improved in V9 or v10? or does it still only recover parts and its still not generally recommended to use a recovered file?

Hi spongebob,

Is the File Recover command in anyway improved in V9 or v10? or does it still only recover parts and its still not generally recommended to use a recovered file?

This should have been a New Topic in the Damaged / Corrupt File Problems Topic Area.

A Recovered File in ANY version should not be relied upon. There are numerous discussions about this in the Damaged / Corrupt File Problems, you might find this Thread Link of interest.

Lee

This topic is 5345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.