Problem with characters when using send mail

This topic is 5215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Whoops, you were talking about scriptmaster!

It looks like the same solution applies here, however. Using scriptmaster 3.1 I am not able to reproduce this issue. Make sure that you have the latest version of the plugin installed.

ScriptMaster can be downloaded from http://360works.com/scriptmaster/.

If you have the latest version installed and are still experiencing this issue, please let me know.

Edited by Guest

Hello Smef,

These are some characters returning a question mark on my computer, or in the mails sent through 360Works Scriptmaster :

éèùàôîûëïü

Before replying I saw that the forum had also question marks for thes characters ; so I join 2 screen copies : one of the forum, the second of the expect chars above.

Thanks

Noël

Image_1.png

Image_2.png

Those characters are showing up or me on the forums as well as working in the emails. They also work in the email plugin, along with characters from other languages, such as greek.

If you are in fact using Email v1.94, I think the issue has to do with a font, character, or language pack installed/missing on your system. You may want to see if there are any updates from Windows Update which you can install, or language packs available. I know that there are quite a few language packs for windows xp available, so this may install the characters that your system is not displaying.

Please let me know if installing these updates corrects your issue. If it does not, we can do screen sharing if you would like to, and I can take a look at your system.

What version of FileMaker are you using? Your poster information shows FM6, but I'm going to guess that it isn't correct.

Your profile on your posts says that you are using Windows XP, so you may want to change that to avoid confusion.

Having always the same problem I want to give some precisions :B

I want to use 360Scriptmaster send email script both from Mac and PC

It's from the mac that I enountered the problem described.

This morning I installed the PI and sample file on mya virtual XP machine and sent a mail : the mail is correct even I get it on the PC or the Mac

The same operations done from the mac when sending àéèùôîû (between others) returns ::? if I get the mail on the Mac and ?"TzZ if I get it on the PC.

Hope somebody 'll find where is the bug ?

Noël

There has been one change made to the script which will fix this issue for you. You can make this change in your own client right now. It will also be in our next update for this plugin.

If you would like to change the line yourself, you can do so by adding the text "UTF-8" on the msg.setText line. You can copy and paste this entire module if you like.

import javax.mail.*;

import javax.mail.internet.*;

Properties props = new Properties();

props.setProperty("mail.smtp.host", smtpHost);

MimeMessage msg = new MimeMessage(Session.getInstance(props));

msg.setText(body, "UTF-8");

msg.setSubject(subject);

msg.setFrom(new InternetAddress(from));

msg.setRecipient(Message.RecipientType.TO, new InternetAddress(to));

Transport.send(msg);

return true;

Edited by Guest

Hello Smef !

I just received your messages in my private box ; I did the correction you told to do and now it works fine ! I was about to think that either my iMac either my cerebral computer was a little mad !

Regards

Noël

• 3 months later...

Hello Noel - apparently that change was not committed to version control, and so was skipped on this most recent release. I've redone the change and committed it so that it will be in the next release. In the meantime, you can fix this yourself by changing this line:

msg.setText(body);

to this:

msg.setText(body, "UTF-8");

OK ! I had forgotten that advice ! But I'm trying to register that function unsuccessfullly in a test file... Another more complicate function registers, but not the SenMail one ! And I don't see were is my error...

Wan you open my eyes after looking the attached file ?

Regards,

Noël

test.fp7.zip

This topic is 5215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.