Server Plugin

This topic is 3864 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am trying to "upload" a file via the PHP API to my FileMaker database.

With PHP I upload the file to the webserver. From there I would like to insert it into my FileMaker database (embedded). As Insert Picture is not a Web compatible script step I was thinking to use ScriptMaster and the GetFileAsContainer module.

However I have the feeling this is not working... If I run the script from my local computer it all works fine, but when I trigger the script via PHP I only get a question mark back. This means that he does not know the function I guess. I have installed the plugin on my Server, and activated it.

But then this question came up: can I use the ScriptMaster plugin in this way? Is it server compatible?

It is my first time I am really trying to use a plugin on the server side, so I already apologize if I asked a stupid question...

Thanks in advance

Andries

In addition to installing it in your usual directory on your server, you will also need to install the plugin to .../FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins in order to use it with php.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old topic but im trying to do something similar and not having any luck. I have scriptmaster (v.4.205) installed as a web publishing plugin on my server. I am running filemaker server 11.0v5 on osx 10.8.4. My php triggers a script which inserts a file (which resides on the filemaker server itself) into a container using GetFileAsContainer. I know the plugin is installed correctly because I was able to insert a gradient into the same container from php using the scriptmaster function GradientImage. When I try to insert the file, though, the container just displays "ERROR". In addition I was able to run the same script on a file at the same path on a client and it worked perfectly. The permissions on the file are also set correctly. Anybody besides andries done this successfully and have some advice?

This topic is 3864 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.