Go to certain layout in another file does not work in web publishing.

This topic is 5340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have a database file 1 using as an interface file with user menus in there. I also have another database file 2 that is a separate database system. I used a menu button in database file 1 to run a script in database file 2 to go to certain layout in database file 2. However, when this script is run in Web Publishing with "Status Area" disabled using a button on the menu, it always go to the first layout instead of the layout that I wanted to go to.

On the database file 1, if I enabled "Show the Status Area", it works fine when I click the command button from the same menu.

Does anybody know why it default to the first layout when you disabled the "Show the Status Area" in web publishing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi IdealData,

I check my script to make sure all the script commands are web compatible and they are. I even use a variable to capture the layout name to see if it ever go to the layout that I wanted to, and it does. The only problem is after it go to that layout, it just go to the first layout and does not stay there.

Thanks, Kevin Dang.

This topic is 5340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.