Container Display Issue

This topic is 5296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm running SuperContainer 2.61 on a Mac server with FMSA 10. On the workstations, we've installed the SuperContainer plug-in (2.62).

I'm using the plug-in so that documents can be displayed in a portal since one record will have several documents attached to it.

The problem I'm running into is that when I first log-on to the system, the containers display "ERROR" instead of the file. Once I upload another file, everything works fine. So, my assumption is that this is an authentication issue.

I am setting the "SCSetBaseURL" call within my opening script (in both the interface file and the data file -- this solution is using the separation model). But still, unless I upload a file, I can't see what has already been uploaded.

The container field in the portal is using this calculation:

SCGetContainer( xa_ResourceIdentifierWithRevisionNumber ; 365 ; 195)

/* where xa_ResourceIdentifierWithRevisionNumber is essentially the filename and the rev folder*/

It seems like I'm missing a call somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yvonne

When you call SCLastError what is the error message that you are receiving? A convenient way to check this function result is to call this function in a custom dialog after you call a plugin function which is returning an error.

If it is an authentication issue like you are suggesting you can specify your username and password for your SuperContainer Server as parameters for the SCSetBaseURL function.

Hi Yvonne,

As David mentioned, calling SCLastError would give you more information about what failed.

Our plugin functions return the word "ERROR" when something goes wrong, calling SCLastError immediately after that will give you more information. In your case it would probably work better to have an unstored calc. calling SCLastError, or use the 'data viewer'.

Additionally, you can send us the plugin log by using the 'Report a bug' button on the plugin 'Configure' panel in FileMaker preferences. We'll gladly examine the log and get back to you.

This topic is 5296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.