Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Due Date if monthly, quarterly or semi-annually

This topic is 5275 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

New to FM, so bear with me, please. I'm trying to figure out how to determine the due date on a pledge for monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual pledges. Thus far I've got the Pledge amount divided by 12, 6, 4, 2 or 1 to return the No. of Payments and the Payment Amount based on the No. of Payments. i.e. $1200 pledge if done monthly produces a result of $100, bi-monthly produces $200, etc. etc. I'm stumped on how to show the Date Due for each scenario. Currently I have 12 Date Due fields on the layout. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for the help.

hcmbrbj, I'm assuming that you have a start date when the pledges signed up?

Monthly: StartDate +30 (or31) depending on your tastes for monthly date field

Bi-Monthly: StartDate +60 and so on

Quarterly: StartDate +90

Semi-Annually: StartDate +180 and,

Yearly: StartDate +365

When posting a question, it's a good idea to use your actucal field names. or post a mock up of your file. That way, our replies can be tailored to your file.

Questions.

What do you want to happen when the dates come up?

How accurate does this due date need to be. If you use your start date and add 30, 60, etc. to it, it may be all you need for your purposes.

Lee

See a very similar thread here:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/177896/

As for the exact calculation, add the number of months between payments to the month parameter of the Date function - for example, in case of bi-monthly payments ([color:red]6 times a year):(

Date ( Month ( StartDate ) + 12/[color:red]6 ; Day ( StartDate ) ; Year ( StartDate ) )

I'll try to be more specific Lee. This is for an Annual Pledge Commitment. There is a field for "Pledge Amount" ($ pledged), a field for "Type Pledge" (monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually). The "No. of Payments" field converts "Pledge Type" to a number i.e. 12, 6, 4, 2 and 1 respectfully. There are 12 "Date Due" fields, 12 "Date Paid" fields and 12 "Amount" fields. I would like for the "Date Due" fields to automatically fill themselves in based on the "No. of Payments" result. i.e. if the "Type Pledge is Monthly there would be a date in all 12 "Date Due" fields, if it's bi-monthly, there would be a date in every other "Date Due" field, etc., etc. The Start Date will be the date the information is entered. Subsequent dates due do not have to be precise. i.e. if the start date is 11/22 the due dates on a monthly pledge would be 12/22, 1/22, 2/22, etc. Hope this makes more sense. I appreciate your help.

This topic is 5275 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.