Server Maintenance This Week. ×

multiple locations on the google map

stanw007

This topic is 5097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Could you please help and indicate why only last address is displayed on the google maps ?

Sort the records according to the sort field

Set variable $URL to "http://maps.google.com/maps?d&saddr=" & Substitute ( Address::Address; " "; "+")

[note: saddr is the start address]

Loop through remaining records...

Go to next record (exit after last)

Set $URL & "+to:" & Substitute ( Address::Address; " "; "+")

[note: +to: denotes all additional addresses]

End loop.

Open URL (No Dialog), $URL

• 5 months later...

Apparently I'm not the only one having a similar issue. I'm also unable to find out how to get this done.

I know there is BatchGeo.com which looks like a great option, but it doesn't have an obvious way to get multiple addresses from a FileMaker solution into BatchGeo.com

Anybody got any ideas?

Christopher

The export is the easy part. It needs to be copied and pasted from the spreadsheet into batchgeo. My intended users will be baffled by that. Plus it's not very dynamic.

I'm starting to look at the google maps solution a bit more.

I don't need longitude and latitude, etc. I just need a dynamic way to get multiple addresses on a map.

Christopher

I'd definitely look at a Google Maps API solution. I have dabbled with it in the past and can recommend http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=google as a good reference on the requirements for dynamically created maps. I'm sure that if you created a sample map on that site and then downloaded the accompanying html file you'd get a good idea of exactly what's required. Just a quick note, their method works great for relatively small found sets but when I was using it to map 1,500+ points on a map, it slowed to a crawl.

This topic is 5097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.