report problems....

MParker

This topic is 5260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

well, i don't know if 'problems' is the right word...but i'm trying to figure out how to create this report and i'm not having much luck. here's what i have:

1 database with 1 table

the database is, essentially, a sales proposal generator. the user will input basic information (such as the person's name, company, address, etc.) and then select which items that he is wanting to add to the report (or brochures for this instance). basically, the cover page and intro letter will be the same on every proposal printed. but the products are going to change depending on who the proposal is going to be sent to. so, i wanted to try to create a seperate report for each product and then have some way for the user to select which products (sometimes multiple products) that the user wants to add, and it will print those reports along with the cover page and intro letter. any idea how i could pull this off?

You need at least another table for your proposal options plus a join table.

The proposal (same as product? to which you refer) table can hold the cover and intro details in global fields and the options will be records in the other table.

This topic is 5260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.