ScriptWorks Plugin causes crash on launch

This topic is 3979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that I am utilizing the ScriptMaster plugin. Our clients were recently updated to the latest version of Java (6.0.180) and ever since then FileMaker has not been able to open with the ScriptMaster plugin installed. The FileMaker splash window (the white box) opens and closes instantly.

I'm assuming that the latest Java update has broken something within ScriptMaster that when FileMaker tried to load the plugin, it fails. I have experienced this so far on Windows 7 machines running FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 and Windows XP machines running FileMaker Pro 10. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

THe latest update of java on windows is causing this crash when using our plugins. We are rapidly working on an update for all of our plugins to accomidate for this update. In the meantime, we recommend sticking with Java 6 Update 17. If you have already downloaded and installed Update 18, you can uninstall it and download Update 17 from http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u17/index.html in order to restore functionality.

We will have an update to our plugins which will be 6_18 compatible very soon.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have the same problem on windows 7 (version professional).

I have tried to downgrade the java version as mentioned in the previous response, without success.

Does it something more to do in order to make it work ??

Is there a plan for an upgrade of scriptmaster soon :

Many thanks in advance.

(I have the latest version of Filemaker Pro 10 Adv, Windows 7 last updates made, and Java jre 1.6.17 installed)

Serge

You will need to completely uninstall Java 6 Update 18 and then install Java 6 Update 17 after you have completed the uninstallation. This will get things working for you again.

We should have fixed versions of our plugins up later this afternoon. I'm actually finishing the last bits of testing on them right now.

The update came too late (although I was impressed at how fast it came). I had started the uninstall of Java 18 before the update came. As of now, I don't have any Java on my PC and I can't install any new versions. I get the message that it can't find "jre.6.0_10-c.msi". I have downloaded and run JavaRa, removed 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software> JavaSoft' and 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software> JavaSoft' from the Registry, deleted all Java folders in Program Files and Common Files and from 'C:Documents and Settings{user}Application Data. The last message to appear after it looked like it was going to install was "Error 1714. The older version of Java6 Update 18 cannot be removed...". The Java web site has no help for Error 1714. Do you have any ideas?

UPDATE: Ignore the plea. I downloaded and ran 'Windows Install Cleanup Utility' and then I was able to install the latest Java. Now Scriptmaster works fine.

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Hello,

I just get a try on the new builds posted yesterday, but it still not working on my configuration.

I am a little bit in trouble, because I can't say if the problem comes from the Java installation on my PC, or something else.

The symptoms are :

1) When I launch Filemaker, it crash.

2) The log file : miscellaneous is created, and say that attached file is copied on the %tmp% directory (I can find the file and it is in the correct version).

3) No other logs are created.

I presume that the task that is not working is the launch of the VM (?).

My questions :

1) I have just installed the Java 1.6 up 18 (after a cleanup of all previous installation of Java), how can I be sure that this version is used (is it use the same version as in a command prompt java -version one) ?

2) I am using a french version of Windows 7, and a european distribution of Java, could this be a potential problem ?

3) I there something that I missed here ?? Perhaps a Windows 7 setting that stop this kind of c++/java execution ?

My versions are :

Windows v. 6.1 (number 7600)

java version "1.6.0_18"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_18-b07)

Java HotSpot Client VM (build 16.0-b13, mixed mode, sharing)

• Newbies

Dear 360Works Team

Currently this last version does not allow FileMaker to start in Windows 7, I don't know if the problem is the language, currently I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate in Spanish.

I currently use FileMaker Advanced 10.0v3 and the last Java version, downloaded and installed today.

Please let me know how to fix this problem or in the other hand, please take note of this issue.

Thank you foryour kind attention.

Best regards,

Raul Basurco

from Peru

I dont represent the 360 Works team, but try rolling your Java version back to an earlier Java version. There have been issues with Java 1.6.0_18.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I use 360SM in a FileMaker runtime. Since the last parution of Java 6.18 users encountered the following problem : the runtime didn't launch offering a message box saying the program had encountered a problem and must quit.

If y turned back 6.17 it wa OK untill I read that post ; I uninstalled 6,17, installed 6.18 and the 3.32 version of SM.

When I call SM my screen flashes and it can't be stopped ! I put the previous version of SM 3.31 it's OK.

Tested under XP and Vista

Hope in your help

Noël

SM 3.31 should not be working at all with Java 6_18. Are you sure that you do not have Update 17 installed, or that you do not have more than one version of the plugin installed?

If you are, in-fact, using Update 18 and 3.31 would you mind messaging me on AIM or Skype so that we can do screen sharing and I can see what is happening for you?

I'm coming fool ! These are the tries I did this afternoon :)

Configuration XP Pro under //Desktop on iMac24

SM 3.O + Java 6.15 + Runtime = OK

SM 3.31+ Java 6.15 + runtime = OK

SM 3.32+ Java 6.18 + runtime = crash

SM 3.31+ Java 6.15 + FMP9ADV = crash on opening my file or your sample file

SM 3.32+ Java 6.18 + FMP9ADV = crash on opening my file or your sample file

The error is always a problem with gdiplus.dll and as another one I don't find the appcompat.txt

I have deleted my virtual machine thinking it was corrupted, I've installed XP PRo and FMP 9ADV and my runtime only on that new configuration !

What configuration do you want I have installed before a call on Skype ?

When do you plan we do that ? (I'm in France)

Must I install Skype on the //machine or the Mac one is enough ?

What is your skype ? mine is ndubau

Hope in you ! Regards

Noël

After a long screen sharing last night the problem is not resolved ; but I want publicly thanks to David for his stubbornness to look for the solution of this problem ! Such a dog on a bone he will eat away at it and will not leave it before having found !

Thank you still

Noël

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem here on Win7/FM10.

The only way to prevent FM from crashing is to set the language to "English" within the preferneces of FM. After that change, ScriptMaster loads without any problems.

I hope there will be a solution to this problem soon, because I really got used to the German terminologies within FM.

Tom

Would one of you mind messaging me on skype? I have tried many, many different installations and have not been able to reproduce this issue. I've tried english and german versions of windows with english and german versions of FileMaker, and then switched the language back and forth a few times and have not been able to reproduce this issue. Noel even sent me a copy of his virtual machine, but when I ran it there were no problems and everything worked correctly. He had modified something before sending it to me, however, and when I ran it there were no problems.

Edited by Guest

• 3 years later...

I'm using FMPro 12 Advanced. I began to have issues with it a couple of weeks ago. However, FMPro 12 worked fine with the plugin. (version 4.134).

I had similar issues with SuperContainer, but a complete reinstall of FMPro 12 Advanced took care of that.

Any suggestions?

This topic is 3979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.