More files into 1 folder?

This topic is 5198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good morning,

I'm testing the demo version of the Supercontainer. I would need to be able to save more than one file in one folder. Has anybody tried to do this?

For example, having a table called Photo, I'd like to save in a folder named "Currentdate" all the photo created that day, with the name "idphoto.jpg". Using the function SCSetcontainer I could give the right name to the files, but they are saved in a differente folder each.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Judit

Judit

Welcome to the forums,

The path where the files are stored is irrelevant as typically it is out of view for the end user meaning they are not stored in a volume that you would have mounted for people to access, but rather on a server.

The user access the image or file by the URL to the file location the last being the ID of the record not the name of the image.

When creating a path include what ever data you wish from your database such as YY/MM for the path representing year/month the file was uploaded.

If you need to export your image you can export the image naming it however you wish.

• Newbies

Stephen,

thank you for the answer. The images that are stored in Supercontainer folders, should be exported to our client via FTP, on a regular basis, let's say 2-3 times a day.

So, it's ok that they are stored in separate folders for viewing FM database. My difficulty consists of how to make an automatic export to the FTP of our client. I made a FMscript, which first uploads the images into the Supercontainer folders, from where they can be viewed in FM database, then in another Supercontainer folder, from where I'd like to export. But, as the images are all in separate folders, I can't use the normal mput command for the FTP.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thank you,

Judit

It is not recommended that you access documents stored with supercontainer outside of FileMaker / SuperContianer. SuperContianer is set up in such a way that you do not need to know the name of your file to access them.

For your FTP solution, you may want to check in to our FTPeek Plugin which will let you script FTP file transfers directly from FileMaker. Using this, along with SuperContainer, you could script the FTP uploads of all your files very easily. I would recommend a script in which you downloaded the SuperContainer file to a temporary storage container or to somewhere on your local machine, and then uploaded the files using the FTPeek plugin. This would make the entire process automated for you!

If you would like assistance scripting this sort of thing for your project, please send an email to [email protected] and we can give you an estimate for the work.

This topic is 5198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.