FMS 11 install on Windows 2008

This topic is 4450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having difficulty running the deployment wizard with FM server 11 on a Windows Server 2008 standard edition box.

It can't connect to the web server.

I found the note in the read me about making sure II7 anonymous user access is on and it is. but ist still fails to connect.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Todd

Hi Todd,

Any specific errors in the event log or in the FMS10 installation log?

You might want to check in the Windows system event log too to see if there are any IIS related warnings or errors.

I have FMS installed on a standard W2K8 box here so we can do a side-by-side comparison if you want.

Hi

I am having a similar issue. See below.

I have been having issues with installing FM Server. Get message that no webservers are available. Cannot Get a lISt of WebServers from Worker Machine.

IIS (7) installed on same box. It will serve an HTML file.

Windows Standard Server 2008 SR2 32 Bit, anonymous enabled all other disabled, isapi filter enabled, standard port enabled, firewall disabled, rebooted reinstalled and uninstalled and reinstalled webserver first then FM install. etc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Matt

• 1 month later...

Well VPS ressource are quite expensive and since we are a small company we have to cope with a limited budget. FMS11 needs less ressource on Windows 2003 than 2008.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Was this original issue ever solved? I have the exact same problem on a 2008 R2 server with IIS7 and have run out of ideas.

No firewall is on. IIS has been reinstalled with and without FMS11 present and vice versa, with reboots between steps, several times. IIS is serving pages on port 80 fine. ISAPI is installed. Anonymous user is enabled.

Still get the "No web servers were found" error when trying to deploy.

Thanks

Yes, that worked great. Thanks again.

Just to confirm for other's benefit. The Deployment Wizard was started, Then just before the 'next' button was clicked at the stage where it searches for web servers, the network cable was unplugged.

After a couple of minutes, the next screen appeared correctly listing the web server as IIS. The rest of the deployment was completed and the network cable was plugged in again.

Matt, you were originally writing about a worker that was not in the list – did a 2-machine deployment work the way you describe??

On one machine I can understand the impact of unplugging from the network, but with the relevant webserver on another machine?

Wondering,

Volker

• 7 months later...
  • Newbies

Gentlemen,

I'm new to this forum. I hope it is OK to chime in and ask a question. I am having a similar issue that newbie had. I cannot get the deployment assistant to complete after configuring web services on FMSA 10 on a W2K8 R2 box running IIS7. Everything works great right up to point where you click the finish button and then FMSA begins deploying the server. It goes into an endless deployment state. The progress bar just rips back and forth forever. Any ideas or experience on this issue?

Matt L.

check for any log files that the FMS installer created. See if they yield any clues. Also try a machine reboot and then launch the deployment assistant again (not the whole installation).

Make sure your IIS is running and configured as described in the FMS manual before running the deployment assistant. If you think your IIS is messed up, remove FMS, reboot, remove IIS using the Windows control panel, reboot, reinstall IIS in plain vanilla, reboot, confgure IIS as per FMI instructions, install FMS

• Newbies

Thanks for the reply. I am pretty certain the IIS configuration is exactly as prescribed in FMSA 10 Getting Started documentation, and performed in the proper sequence. However, another install doesn't take very long so is worth a shot. I did try a machine reboot several times but once the deployment assistant hangs the first time I am unable to launch FM Admin Console after the reboot.

• 1 year later...

This topic is 4450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.