Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server side script stopped working

This topic is 5026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My script was working for weeks. Then the FTP transfers stopped. If I run the script from a client on the server and it runs fine.

The server indicates that the script ran OK, but no transfer occurred. Any suggestions for diagnosing the problem?

Andy Kappy

You may want to add error checking in to your script. A good way to do this for server scripts is to create an error table, and then have your script write records to that table after each step you want to check for errors. Each record would be a check, and you would record if your check passed, failed, what it was supposed to do, and a timestamp for the check so you know when it occurred.

You can use the FTPeek_LastError function to get your error messages if one of your FTPeek functions returns "ERROR" as a result.

Recording the errors was a good suggestion. I put a get(lasterror) to a separate field after each FTPeek step and each one produced a "0" result.

Tried again, this time using FTPeek Last Error and got "?" as a result for each FTPeek step.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We're now at the most current version. Works fine on FMPA 10,11 workstations. FMSA 11 won't load the plugin, won't save the check box as checked.

I have sent the "bug report".

I had to let this issue be on back burner for a while as I had turned to other responsibilities.

Andy

Valentin,

This is resolved. As per your recommendation, uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling Java on the server did the trick. FTPeek plugin enables on the server and the serverside script now runs successfully.

Thanks,

Andy

This topic is 5026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.