This topic is 4641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Requires: Version 11 or higher

New way to add records to a portal without scrolling portal to end.

Now with portal filtering, no extra utility fields are needed as in the past.

Past techniques referenced:

Comment's SansScript

Helpful Harry Technique Updated

Portal_AddTo_11.zip

Edited by Guest
fixed bug
  • Like 1

Hey John,

Nice file and well done as always... Hey, when did you move to NC? I moved to Wyoming in March but wasn't aware you were moving as well. What's Florida going to do without you there for the tax base? ???

Harry

Wyoming? What are you going to man a ranch? FL will just get more retirees to fill the gap. :)

• 1 year later...

The technique doesn't appear to work well or consistently. I added a record but the data entry portal retained the record I created and subsequent typing merely replaced the text - not adding a new one.

Hi Parallax: the solution *requires* FMP 11, your profile indicates FMP 10.

Great idea, John. First thing I thought of was the Magic Key technique. Yours is cool in that no extra key field is required. But it does seem to require a commit. One cool aspect of the Magic Key (depending how you implement it) is that it can create (or even delete!) multiple records without committing, if you want to go transactional.

@parallax maybe you hit Return instead of Enter? (Edit: never mind, I didn't notice your version)

@imoree just because it's simple doesn't mean it was obvious. This is a really ingenious idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.