Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Database engine won't start

This topic is 5079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I just installed FM Server 11 advanced trial on Windows server 2003 R2, and everything went fine. FM server started up, and ran just fine. I restarted my windows server, and now FM server starts, but gives me the error message that the database engine hasn't started, and needs to be started by administrator. When I click on the start button, nothing happens, but a long wait, and then the start button becomes unavailable, but database engine still not working. Any suggestions or help in identifying the issue?

PS...Yes, fmserver is started under my "Services" on Windows server.

Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to owning this, but not if it doesn't work!

what do the event logs say (particularly the windows application event log)?

Is your machine on a static IP address? I've seen this type of issue if the server machine is on DHCP and has a new IP address on startup, different from the IP address used when installing FMS.

Servers should have a static IP address of course.

I have a static external IP address that ports through my router to the server which is 192.168.1.99, and that never changes. I have installed my older FM Server 10, and it has been working great, even after several win 2003 server restarts. If it were a problem with the DHCP, wouldn't it happen for fms 10 also?

This topic is 5079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.