IWP that works with FM doesn't under FMServer Adv

This topic is 5076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to set up an IWP service in order to show the FM Technologies to a client.

I have downloaded my FMServer Advanced (techNet license) and set it up successfully.

The fmServer_demo file appears to be OK with al Pro, IWP, XLST, XML, PHTP, ODBC checked. I have changed the IWP connection port to 591 as instructions recommended.

I have port mapped the router in order to put the 5000/5003, the 16000, the 591 ports to the server machine.

The normal WAN filemakerPro to server connection (5000/5003) works flawlessly. Perfect.

The IWP doesn't work.

If I stop "database server" and "web publishing" engines, and then I share the same file with FilemakerPro Advanced in that server mac... I can connect it from internet, so to say that the router mapping works.

Back to server: I have tried the

IP:591

IP:591/fmi/iwp

IP:591//fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=&-loadframes

Do I have to do something else?

Should I uninstall and reinstall the FMserver side?

Thanks in advance.

Hi IdealData,

Thanks for answering.

Yeap. I have done. The issue is although the console informs me that such file, the server Demo File, is openable with all the tecnologies (Pro, IWP, XLST...) I am not able to access it via IWP. I have configured the IWP part of Web Publishing, in the console, enabling it and setting the session timeout from 15 to 53 minutes. And the Status Area to be displayed in Spanish, my mother language.

HTH.

Thanks again,

jorge,

Seems like you need to demonstrate this to a customer on a temporary basis. If so, you should consider one of the many professional FileMaker hosts that provide free trial periods -- like MacUSA.

Won't cost you anything within the trial period and certainly no hassle.

Dan McFalls

MacUSA.net

FileMaker Host

708-233-6638

This topic is 5076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.