FileMaker 5.5 ODBC

This topic is 8382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've made the download of the FileMaker 5.5 Trial, and I have same doubts about the ODBC connectivity. I have a FikeMaker database that its data have to be inserted in realtime on a Oracle database. I

created the DNS and it connects very well, but how can i update my Oracle database at the same time that i'm updating records on Filemaker???....I used the Execute SQL script step but how can associate in my SQL text the FileMaker fields values with the Oracle

fields.

Thanks

I guess that you have to use a "Select ..." statement to get data from the FM database and then an "Insert..." statement to add the data to the Oracle database.

If you are using ASP and VBScript you have to use two SQL "Insert..." statements to two different DNS. One DNS connection for each database.

I hope this is what you are asking. All the best.

Garry

I think you will have to use a program external to FM. This is because FM can only Import data from Oracle. To extract data from FM, using ODBC, you need to use an external program.

If you are using Windows you can use VisualBasic, if a Mac use RealBasic. This program can be communicated with, from within FM, by using a script call to 'Send DDE Execute' for Windows, or 'Send Apple Event' for MacOS. This Script can be activated by a button on the layout you are using to enter data.

This is only theory. It is the only way I can think to achieve this. Someone else may have a better method.

All the best.

Garry

In my FM database i have to fields, #Produto, Classe, and on my Oracle database i have the same table but the fields have others names like Cod_Produto, Class_oper.

I create a srcipt with a ' Execute SQl' step i connect to the ODBC DNS with no problems.

When i use an simple SQL INSERT command like this "INSERT INTO Produto (Cod_Produto, Class_oper) VALUES (' 9999' , 'Oil')", it works but when in this SQL i specify the FM fields to be inserted in the Oracle database it doesn't work, like this:

INSERT INTO Produto (Cod_Produto, Class_oper) VALUES (:#Produto , :Classe);

How can i solve it?:

This topic is 8382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.