Calling a stored proceedure FM-MySQL

This topic is 4950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a successful,ODBC connection from FMSA 10.0 to MySQL 5 server. I am not very experienced with MySQL, and I am trying to figure out how to preform the following call "call rpt_priv_dnswalerts_ids('entid asc')" using the execute sql script function. Do I need to have a connection to all affected tables?

Ok, after more researching and learning, figured out that FM can not display the results in most cases from the "execute sql" function. So, working on creating a view in the MySQL db for the results to post to, then linking to the view.

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm scrounging through the External Connections posts today. Looking for something else, however this suject is certainly an issue. Just in case somebody else is looking at Stored Procedures...

The Execute SQL not bringing back data can be a pain. The View option is certainly doable.

However, you have another option. You can execute the Stored Procedure & dump the results in a table. This is a method that can be useful, beyond just FileMaker. Comes in handy.

You execute the Stored Procedure, with a specific id (depends on the application). FileMaker knows the Id & the Table. It can actually be faster than returning results through Stored Procedure, which can have size limits as well.

Actually, it was the Stored Procedure Size Limits, in SQL Server, that forced me to go this direction.

It is a generic approach. More variations on it than you can count.

This topic is 4950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.