Server Maintenance This Week. ×

report basis

saralee

This topic is 5037 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm new to doing reports in FM.

I'm looking at some examples and trying to figure out how to define fields in the sub summary part in a report. Do I just simply drag fields from tables in the sub summary part? That didn't seem working, so I wonder how to define fields there..

Thanks!

You're using confusing language. Define fields or place fields? You define fields in Define Database. You PLACE them in layout mode. Example file please; once again you are not providing meaningful information.

sorry about the confusion~ I have solved my initial problem, and now I'm trying to create reports that could be regenerated based on the users' input.

Back to my baby database- there will be field sections in the Household layout for users to input search criteria. For example, users should be able to input age ranges to find related babies with their study info within the age range.

Right now I have six fields to get users' input

AgeFromYY; AgeFromMM; AgeFromDD; AgeToYY; AgeToMM; AgeToDD.

And I already have a report generated in a layout to display all the babies with all their study info (sub summary by babyID is implemented)..

My question is how to trigger script (if needed) to regenerate report (basically need to do a search in the pre-generated report).

Hope it makes sense.. I'm learning to express myself better : Thanks!

yeah.. I do have a search button on the Household layout. Here is my script:

Go to Layout ["studiesByAge" (Studies)]

Adjust Window [Maximize]

Enter Find Mode [Restore]

Perform Find [] [Restore]

Enter Preview Mode [Pause]

Inside "Perform Find," I tried to define my criteria, but didn't know how to restrict the find to be in a certain age range input by the users.. I have two variables AgeFromInDays ("from" age in days) and AgeToInDays in the Household layout generated from the user's input of age range and would like to call on them in my find criteria, e.g. AgeInDays should be-- AgeFromInDays...AgeToInDays

But I found out that in the "Criteria" section, I could not call fields in other layout (only free text is allowed here?)

Any ideas here? Thanks!

This topic is 5037 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.