Server Maintenance This Week. ×

how to print reports that need data from related table

saralee

This topic is 5025 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi :) It is again about my baby database..

for now, tblBaby is linked with tblHousehold, and tblHousehold is linked with tblNotes and tblContactNumbers.. I need to create a layout/report to display each baby's information along with their sibling's info, parents' info, the household's notes info (which is linked with tblHousehold by HouseholdID)and contact nums

In my layout, I have portals set up for the sibling info, notes and contact numbers..

The sibling portal and contact numbers portal work, but not the notes portal.. In the sibling portal, I display data from the tblBabies2 (a self-joint table) sorted by HouseholdID; and in the contact numbers portal, I display data from the tblContactNumbers sorted by HouseholdID; for portal notes, I display data from tblNotes sorted by HOuseholdID as well, but the portal only displays correct info for one baby but show nothing for the siblings (supposeingly it should display the same content for each sibling)...

Any ideas? Thank you!!

That would be one way (I guess it's better them than the babies?).

Or you could use the List function to gather the related data into field/s in Households.

Otherwise you'd have to use a "union" table and import babies, notes and contact numbers into it; a report can't have more than one body part, and the body part appears exactly once for each record in the found set.

This topic is 5025 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.