Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Connectivity with Outlook and Filemaker file

Genelia

This topic is 4976 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

** OS is Windows so i cant use applescript.

In my Filemaker file Currently I have a function in Filemaker to open a form(FM email) and let the users compose a message and send from the database. These messages are tracked against the client record in the database by File.

The functional part that , while the email is open, to be able to run a VB script that can be executed through Outlook using a macro ( e.g. Alt F8 to execute an outlook Macro ), this macro would execute the VB script. The VB script would execute on the open current message and grab the contents of the message ( From, To, CC, date, time, subject, header, body, footer). Once the message info is captured, go to Filemaker, go to the layout with the log and paste the contents in the email log.

How that VB script will work in Filemaker.

I am assuming that you have built an email create interface in FM when you say "open a form (FM email)." I interpret that as the user is on a record and the layout mimics an email form.

Why must the email go thru Outlook? Is that a requirement. If not, just send the email using the data in the record.

Problem is only when incoming message in Outlook information capturing into filemaker file..........

Requirement is as( in words of client):)

"while the email is open in outlook, to be able to run a VB script that can be executed through Outlook using a macro ( e.g. Alt F8 to execute an outlook Macro ), this macro would execute the VB script. The VB script would execute on the open current message and grab the contents of the message ( From, To, CC, date, time, subject, header, body, footer). Once the message info is captured, go to Filemaker, go to the layout with the log and paste the contents in the email log."

Points are just as:

1.when any mail comes in Outlook express then their intimation should be show into filemaker file's-Email Log.

2.something arrangement should be in such a way in outlook so that their All matter copied to filemaker email log.(like TO,CC,SUBJECT,BODY,FOOTER).

3.One additional requirement is needed, the incoming message subject line will have a fileNo, this number needs to be captured so that we find the correct record in Filemaker to enter the data in. Otherwise, the info will be associated with the incorrect record. If there is no recognizable file no, then have an option to input a Fileno in a dialog window and perform the search and insert.

Thanks,

The functional part that I would like is, while the email is open, to be able to run a VB script that can be executed through Outlook using a macro ( e.g. Alt F8 to execute an outlook Macro ), this macro would execute the VB script. The VB script would execute on the open current message and grab the contents of the message ( From, To, CC, date, time, subject, header, body, footer). Once the message info is captured, go to Filemaker, go to the layout with the log and paste the contents in the email log.

One additional requirement is needed, the incoming message subject line will have a file#, this number needs to be captured so that we find the correct record in Filemaker to enter the data in. Otherwise, the info will be associated with the incorrect record. If there is no recognizable file #, then have an option to input a File# in a dialog window and perform the search and insert.

I need solution as soon as possible with example file.

See Export for saving current message to a file from outlook.

Once the data is in a file, the VBA would need to run a Filemaker script to import the file, e.g. per Link

I'd use a fixed filename (e.g. C:dataxfer.msg). You may want the FM script to import into a global field and parse out the body, from, to, subject, verify data is not a duplicate, etc.

This may not be elegant but it should do the trick.

You may also want to alternately consider use of an e-mail plugin; then Filenmaker can query the e-mail server directly, and add the records. This will automate the process. e.g. SMTPIT, Dacons Mail.it, or roll your own for free with 360Works Scriptmaster and JavaEmailReceive

Edited by Guest

This topic is 4976 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.