Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send a HTML email to one record at a time

adamworking

This topic is 4952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have a really simple form which just collects info such as name, address, email address and booking details etc.

I want to be able to enter a new record, and hit a button, to send a confirmation email to that record. Ideally, the email will be formatted in HTML, and will contain many of the fields captured in the form.

What's the easiest way to do this?

I can see I can use the sendmail function, but I believe that this is just plain text, not HTML.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Adam

FM w/o plugins can only send plain email.

360works offers a free plugin, ScriptMaster, that has an email module.

Why do you need HTML? You could use Save as PDF and send the PDF as an attachment.

When using the specify calculation to edit the message of the email, I want to do something like:

If value of field "Deposit " = Yes then show:

THIS

Else

Show this

Please can somebody advise how to do this using the calculate field ?

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Guest

guys thanks for your help. Sorry for the questions, but I'm fairly new to developing in FM.

This is what I now have:

A layout which collects booking information. I then want to have a button which puts all of this into a PDF. This PDF will be formatted like a letter, then automatically attached to a new email, addressed to the email address I collect in the original layout, with a customized text on the email.

How do I setup the PDF. Do I need to do a new layout? Is there a way to then do the above?

Thanks

Adam

Read about Save as PDF. You can "print" a layout to a PDF and then attach it to an email.

Maybe this simple demo will help.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/320960/

PS: This is not an html email.

Edited by Guest

@bcooney thank you so much for your assistance and help. This is just the sort of thing I'm looking for. However, rather than an invoice, I'm wanting to put together more of a confirmation letter.

Is there anyway on a form to include both standard text and field values.

For example, a paragraph may read something like:

Thank you for your booking on *eventdate* at *venue*.

Any advise on best way to do this?

Thanks again.

A

ok, so I've added a new field, which is a calculation, which contains lots of my fields.

I've then inserted this field into the layout. However, all it displays a strange 9 digit number. However, when I click on this text box, I see my full text, with all the fields inserted correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: fixed it - it was because my calculation result was a number ???-)

Edited by Guest

Merging data and boilerplate text can be accomplished in several ways.

If you do not need the user to be able to enter the text, then you can simply create a calc field that concatenates the text and the field data.

If you want the user to enter the text and select from fields that serve as placeholders, then you are getting into a merge technique. Check out both these demos on this thread. The second uses a custom function rather than a simple substitution. You might be able to get away with the simple substitution.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/217144/post/367756/fromactivity/myposts/#367756

FM only supports one attachment. You can place the "Terms of Order" on the last page (trailing grand summary) or use Append to PDF.

However, the ability to include more than one attachment and html emails requires a plugin.

This topic is 4952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.