Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating accounts

This topic is 4942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script I am writing that needs to be able to let normal, non-admin users add an account to a filemaker database published to the web. The solution that I am working with was original a one file solution and I have created a data and UI file in order to get some data separation.

Not having much experience with data separation, I am having issues with users and their ability to access each file. When I run a re-login script step, the account is only re-logged on the existing file. If the user happens to have another file open, they stay logged in with their existing credentials on the other file, causing issues with record access, deletion, etc. How do I manage this? Do I just have to add some new window, go to layout, re-login script steps to make sure that they have logged out of each file?

Hmm. Yes, I think that before you let them 're-login' you should first make them 'logout', i.e. close all of database windows except the current one. Then login again and let them navigate back to where they were.

This topic is 4942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.