Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cross Layout Buttons

This topic is 4340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution with half a dozen layouts. I have the same series of buttons on the top of each page. When I add a new button to one layout I want to add it to all the layouts. Now I have to do that process manually.

In HTML there are includes that make this process simply. Is there a way similar to includes to allow for changing the buttons one place and they are automatically changed in all the layouts?

Thanks,

Rich

Ah! Sorry, a long term feature request (master layout templates).

The only approach that may work is to have the button panel be a global graphic. You'd lay buttons on top of the graphic.

• 6 months later...

I'm getting in the habit of putting such toolbar buttons in a (disguised) tab control, so that when I do need to make a change, I can copy and paste the whole thing without having to futz with the relative positions of the buttons inside for each layout.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I agree with creating your own template that you can copy-paste. It makes your job much easier, and you can always modify it if you feel you've progressed from the previous level you were at.

I haven't used this technique, but I've heard of creating a global container field with X number of repetitions, and storing your buttons in the single field, just in different repetitions. Then on your layouts you can set the field to show repetitions 1 through x. I believe that's the way it was explained to me, at least.

• Like 1

This topic is 4340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.