Server Maintenance This Week. ×

The Attic

This topic is 3799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have reset the permissions and settings on our old site to be READ ONLY and moved it to the attic. :

http://attic.fmforums.com

If you have an old link that isn't working here for some reason you can use it over there just remember to change the subdomain to 'attic'.

Cheers

Stephen

• 9 months later...

Double-yay! This is a valuable resource. It is too bad that it can't be sticky posted somewhere or ported into new blogs instead of now buried as a link in a single post here. Anyway, I have now bookmarked it. I know I'm not the only one who references this information on regular basis. Much appreciated.

Whenever I'm in the attic, I'm allowed approx. 2 minutes and then screen times out and Yahoo says the site can't be found. Firefox 6.0.2 Windows XP Professional SP3.

I have spent three hours trying to find a post that I have stored on my system but I cannot find in FM Forums to provide the link. It is Topic 151065 dated 3/9/2005. I cannot find it no matter what I try; whether I enter date, CobaltSky, nothing I do brings it up.

Is it posted somewhere how to really use the search facilities and how to use the Attic? I save posts and, if I want to find them again, I should be able to type Topic# or Post# and bring it up; we used to have that ability, right? :^)

Well this is very strange ... the post I'm looking for says:

03/09/05 12:01 PM - Post#151065

On 10/03/2005, at 4:00 AM, Albert Harum-Alvarez wrote:

"You Still Use Globals?"

Hi Albert,

Yes I still use globals. I say it without shame.

The date of the response (03/09/05 12:01 PM) happens before the date of the post quoted (10/03/2005). Freaky that Ray can respond even before a question is asked. LOL. But I still can't find the actual thread!

Hi LaRetta,

If I recall correctly, we changed our software and system about that time.

I have a database of the forum during that Time Period and I cannot find that particular topic. however, In another database which is a collection of files, I have a copy of a file posted by Ray (CobaltSky) to a topic titled "Some reasons to use Globals!..." with an enclosure of "UserLog.fp7" on or around your date.

Hopefully, Stephen will be able to find this file and or topic or you.

Lee

Thank you, Lee!

Besides the misplaced posts, I was trying to click a link by Comment (one from his blog 2-tier conditional value list) by using the link Stephen gave me. But after I clicked the link to Comment's blog, I only had approx. one minute before the link disappears and is replaced with 'file not found' error. The Attic seems to be set to time out after a minute no matter what I do. But then, maybe it's my system.

• 2 years later...

This topic is 3799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.