Server Maintenance This Week. ×

United Way multi file problem

Donnie

This topic is 4876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good morning!! I have a problem I can't figure out. One of the guys here programmed a file for the local United Way office to track their pledges. He is no longer here unfortunately.

They were running FM6 on Windows XP.

Their file consisted of five separate tables that opened when the master file was opened. On the main screen was a "Total Pledged" field that was from the "Pledge History" table. It would show a grand total of the pledges for that particular year. For example, this year was roughly $600k.

They are now running Windows 7 and FM 8.5 and I opened the files with 8.5 and it converted the files over. Everything works ok, but now that field only shows the record that is being shown. For example, if I had pledged $100, and find me in the list, it shows $100 in that field and not the grand total of everyone's pledges. I have recreated all of the file references, but when I do that, it breaks the link and I have to re-point that field to the proper table/field. It still only shows that particular records total for that year. If a company pledged $10k, it will show only $10k in that field.

What am I missing after upgrading from 6 to 8.5 and what should I be looking for? Any help? They are an office of older ladies and they don't like change and this is freaking them out. :

Thank you!!

I deleted the duplicate post.

On the main screen was a "Total Pledged" field that was from the "Pledge History" table. It would show a grand total of the pledges for that particular year. For example, this year was roughly $600k.

It would be helpful to see this calc definition.

They are now running Windows 7 and FM 8.5 and I opened the files with 8.5 and it converted the files over. Everything works ok, but now that field only shows the record that is being shown. For example, if I had pledged $100, and find me in the list, it shows $100 in that field and not the grand total of everyone's pledges.

This seems to contradict your description above. Why are you "finding"? On what TO is the "main screen" based? What record is "being shown?"

They are an office of older ladies and they don't like change and this is freaking them out.

I hate to think what age constitutes "an older lady," and so I'll ignore this comment...

This topic is 4876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.