Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to Force users to disconnect while FM Script runs

This topic is 4850 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FM Server 11 (Adv on Win) installation where I need to update one table via a server-side script at 2am every morning. Although most users will be logged off at that time, there is always the possibility that someone will be connected.

Is there any feature in FM Server that allows me to force a disconnect of all users of a particular database while a server-script runs?

I thought about closing and reopening the database and then having each client check for some value in a table (i.e. the last import date) before they are allowed to connect, but... thought there might be a more elegant built-in feature for doing this since it seems commonplace.

Thanks much in advance.

John Christensen

[email protected]

Not sure why you would be worried about somebody still being logged in... you can trap for locked records and work around it me thinks.

But if you want to kick the users off, use a script sequence schedule. Use a batch file as the OS script that uses the fmsadmin command line to disconnect all clients. Make sure the batch file or VBscripts exits with a non-zero result if that command produces an error. That will prevent your FM script set up in the script sequence to run.

This topic is 4850 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.