Dynamically create a custom layout

gchron

This topic is 4792 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

I think that I need some help on how I can accomplish something.

I have a table that represents banks.

and an other that has the account name de debit the credit and the sum.

Until now it worked fine. But now I have a new need. I want to have merged accounts

What I mean by that. I have lets say a loan that is linked to a bank account the pays the loan.

So I would like to have a layout that has both accounts side by side.

Let me explain. I need something like this:

Date | comment | account 1 credit | account 1 debit | account 1 sum | account 2 credit | account 2 debit | account 2 sum

shown in list view. so if something is done to account 1 the account 2 part will be empty and vice versa.

I know that I can link the accounts and add the fields in the layout and be OK. But I would like to do that with scripting.

the account credit | account debit | account sum will be shiwn based on the personal user preferences of the user N amount of times

lets say that I am a user that does not have access to layouts, and I want to add the merges accounts. can I manipulate the layout with scripting??

The end user in no a programmer but he will have a menu that will make this custom layout based on his needs.

Thanks a lot

George

A relatively simple way to do this would be to have the user enter two bank IDs into two global fields. Then your script can go to the accounts table, find records of both accounts and sort them by date.

To display the results, use a layout with the credit/debit/sum fields duplicated. Use conditional formatting to blank out one set of the fields when BankID equals to one of the globals, and vice versa.

A relatively simple way to do this would be to have the user enter two bank IDs into two global fields. Then your script can go to the accounts table, find records of both accounts and sort them by date.

To display the results, use a layout with the credit/debit/sum fields duplicated. Use conditional formatting to blank out one set of the fields when BankID equals to one of the globals, and vice versa.

this layout that the fields that are duplicated, how many time should be done that?? I do not know how many accounts the user is going to merge. I would like to duplicate the fields dynamically. This is actually my problem.

This topic is 4792 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.