FMRESULTSET - Column Name unacceptable

AlenTZ

This topic is 4800 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I'm trying to edit record with FMRESULTSET but column with the dot(.) in it's name is giving me a lot of problems. Update to column name in the database is not an option.

I have following problem with the XML result set:

http://<<servername>>/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=EXPORTER&-lay=NEW_CMP&-recid=2704&Rating.n=1&_Subcategory=Corporate+Pension&_Category=Investor&-edit

Like you can check from the previous example I want to update following columns: _Rating.n, _Subcategory and _Category.

The problem is related to the "Rating.n" column. If I remove this column from the query, it works, but all columns with DOT within their name, cannot be updated I got an error message.

I get following error:

<fmresultset version="1.0">

<error code="102"/>

<product build="10/31/2008" name="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" version="10.0.1.59"/>

<datasource database="" date-format="" layout="" table="" time-format="" timestamp-format="" total-count="0"/>

<metadata/>

<resultset count="0" fetch-size="0"/>

</fmresultset>

Thanks,

And that's why you should never use anything but a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and "_" in your table, field, layout and script names...

Try to use the URL encoding for "." in the URL?

<error code="102"/>

Although I think error 102 is "field not found", are you sure those fields are on the layout you are targeting?

This topic is 4800 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.