Compile Found Sets for Printing

Wayne0412

This topic is 4800 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello again.

I have another dilemma. I hope I don't confuse things, but I will try to give you an overview of what I want this database to do for the user...

I have a database that imports two excel spreadsheets. It then uses various bits of those spreadsheets in compiling a report that needs to be printed.

I have four different reports that need to be generated for the print.

Here is how I would like the thing to work...

The user navigates from the main screen (see "screen shot main")

They then have to follow various steps using buttons.

Step 1 - Import Excel Spreadsheet. A script that does the import without dialogue or input from the user.

Step 2 - Produce the Sales Agenda Report.

This step calls on several scripts to extract data from the imported excel info, then apply various sorts and then omits data not required for each report.

To do this, I have created a script associated with each report which performs the various sorts and manipulations required to extract the data.

I then combine all of these individual report scripts into one called "Produce Report" which is step 2 on the main screen. This then combines all of the scripts into the one action to produce the report.

Step 3 allows the user to view the individual report that has been generated (opens on a new layout).

Step 4 Allows the user to view then print the pre-defined report.

My problem is that I need to "capture" the found set from the first reports script and place it on its specific report layout and the print report layout before it performs the sort on the second, third and fourth scripts. Obviously, between the various reports scripts, I need to "show all" data again so I can perform the next reports sort.

If I don't capture and "lock" the previous scripts data into its own layout, I loose its sort when I apply the next one.

Is what I am wanting to do possible? If there is a better way of doing this I am all ears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hard to tell without description of your data and the way it needs to be reported.

Hiya,

The excel spreadesheet contains about 30 different types of info ranging from Client, Show Name and Salesperson to Show Dollar Value, executing site, show start date, cancelled date, show data entered date and comment fields etc etc etc.

The four individual reports that are generated from the excel sheets are as per the attachemnt (Step 3). I realise the attachement didn't work last time, hopefully this time it will.

The way it is reported is in printed form as one document in a weekly sales meeting with the Venue Services Manager.

This is why I need it to sort each report individually and then "copy" the info onto a printed form.

I hope this clarifies things?

Cheers

screen shot main.jpg

I hope this clarifies things?

I am not sure. I think you are asking how to print a report of 4 different found sets of the same table, assuming some records can be in more than one found set?

If so, the easiest answer would be "one after another" (on 4 separate pages, of course).

If that's not acceptable, you will need to compile the various parts into a global field (or fields). There are various techniques to do that. I'll describe one:

Go to a layout that contains all fields necessary for the report. Find the required records, then do Copy All Records and paste it into a global. Of course, the global field/s must be formatted to show the data properly.

This topic is 4800 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.