Show record number

Wayne0412

This topic is 4795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Howdy,

Can any one tell me how to get the total number of records on a form?

I want the main page to have a text line that shows the Total Records in the database.

I have found the Insert "Record Number Symbol", but, correct me if I'm wrong, that represents the current number being browsed, not the total number of records?

Cheers

Howdy,

Can any one tell me how to get the total number of records on a form?

I want the main page to have a text line that shows the Total Records in the database.

I have found the Insert "Record Number Symbol", but, correct me if I'm wrong, that represents the current number being browsed, not the total number of records?

Cheers

On my layouts I use the result of a Custom Function I call "Record Number": "#" & " " & Get ( RecordNumber ) & " " & "of" & " " & Get ( FoundCount ) . No Parameters.Also Do Not Store. I place this field under a set of symbols, one each for First Record, Previous Record, Next Record and Last Record. I make these arrow symbols buttons and attach the appropriate navigation step to them. It works well.

RW

On my layouts I use the result of a Custom Function I call "Record Number": "#" & " " & Get ( RecordNumber ) & " " & "of" & " " & Get ( FoundCount ) . No Parameters.Also Do Not Store. I place this field under a set of symbols, one each for First Record, Previous Record, Next Record and Last Record. I make these arrow symbols buttons and attach the appropriate navigation step to them. It works well.

RW

There is no option in custom functions for Do Not Store.

So this is confusing. You refer to a custom function; but it sounds like simply a standard calc field.

There is no option in custom functions for Do Not Store.

So this is confusing. You refer to a custom function; but it sounds like simply a standard calc field.

Yes, I should have been more clear. It is a calc field that calls a custom function. I use the CF because this element is used on dozens of layouts and it's simply quicker than typing out the calc dozens of times. "Do not store" refers to the calc field and not the CF. "No parameters" refers to the CF definition.

RW

This topic is 4795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.