Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cross Platform Conversion Problem

This topic is 8738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using a G3 powerbook running OS8.6 to create FMP4 databases, saving them to PC formatted floppies and attempting to open in Win98 then "save a copy" for use on the Windows based machines within our school district. Everything went well until last week. Now, I encounter the very same error... The database opens to where I can partially see the startup page and an error box appears: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." When I go to the details it says, "FileMaker Pro caused an invalid page fault in module QTIM32.dll at 015f:3d10a3fz." I admit to be 95% Mac oriented and problems with dynamic linked libraries throw me. I've searched Filemaker's tech site for insight and found none. It isn't related to any one Windows machine or to any printing hookup because I've tried on several computers with the same result. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought.

The error you mentioned indicates that the QuickTime dll caused the problem. Does the database contain QuickTime movies in container fields? Are you sure that FileMaker is properly (complete) installed on the various computers? I am a 95% Win person, I would remove FM from one of the computers then reinstall it making sure I use the custom install and check all the options. Then check that you have QuickTime installed and it is not an old version. (Not sure on the most current version).

Good Luck.

Doug

This topic is 8738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.