Script Trigger

This topic is 4753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Im running a script to evaluate whether a field is empty and if so allow anyone to enter a value. If it is not empty only a specific user ID can change the value. My problem is that it seems all the script triggers only evaluate the script after the value is entered and the result is thus always "not IsEmpty = true" even though it is an empty field with new value being entered. Any advice, ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Im running a script to evaluate whether a field is empty and if so allow anyone to enter a value. If it is not empty only a specific user ID can change the value. My problem is that it seems all the script triggers only evaluate the script after the value is entered and the result is thus always "not IsEmpty = true" even though it is an empty field with new value being entered. Any advice, ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok just and update: Seems like i was a retard and made a mistake in my script: I used If [ not IsEmpty ( Get(ActiveFieldName))] to determine my values, which obviously always will be not IsEmpty = true as the fields will always have a name! instead i changed it to Get(ActiveFieldContents)...

This topic is 4753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.