Need help with portal and value list

bodadea

This topic is 4768 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In the attached file, a project can have multiple machines and a machine can have multiple issues. I am using issues portal on project layout to collect machine issues data. But in project layout i can not select particular machine from machine list (or from machine list for a particular product). Any recommendation on relationship between project, machine and issues list table is appreciated.

test.zip

a machine can have multiple issues.

That's not what your file shows: there is no relationship between Machine and IssueList. The basic relationship should be:

Projects -< Machines -< Issues

In order to view only Issues of a selected machine (from the point-of-view of Projects), you could filter the portal to Issues, or construct an auxiliary relationship between Projects and another occurrence of Issues.

Note that ProjectID has no place in the Issues table. An issue belongs to a machine. The parent project of the machine is ipso facto the grandparent of its issues.

• Newbies

Thanks for the quick response. I have attached modified file with project-<Machine-<IssueList relationship. I think my explanation was not sufficient in previous post. Sorry about that. Here is the situation.

Company A has two machines (MACHINE X and MACHINE Y) in project # 80. I have inserted a issue list portal in Project layout so that I can log issues encountered on MACHINE X and MACHINE Y during this project phase. Final goal is to capture all issues for all project by machineID and customer information.

But in issue list portal, I can see only machine X. I am trying to figure out why MACHINE Y is not shown in issue list portal.

Thanks again... Any help to look into it is highly appreciated.

IssuesList.zip

There is no MACHINE Y in your file.

--

BTW, it's excellent that you have chosen to use a test file for this - but if it's supposed to be a test file, let's make it suitable for testing.

Actually there is a Machine Y; record 2 in the Machine table. But MachineID is set up as a number field.

This topic is 4768 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.