Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting Images

kungx

This topic is 4755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am currently using Filemaker 9 to do this. I have been reading through many FFM forums and I am still a little stuck on my end. Basically I am building an export button to export pictures (targeted link from another field) out of my web preview. When it exports it saves as the "filename".jpeg in the targeted folder I want but I cannot view the picture because it is actually a text file.

1) Is this possible?

2) If no, is a targeted container workable? Note: I've tried this but the container doesn't fill the box with the proper image but gives me a icon of the picture instead and bombs out everytime.

I understand containers has to have something in the container in order to export it out.

My script as it sits (And yes I did borrow this from somewhere else (for those that know it's the one with the India women) - thank you again FMForum members):

•Show All Records

•Go to Record/Request/Page[First]

•Loop

•Set Variable ["file:directory" & Filmakerdocname::FileName & ".jpg"

•Export Field Contents [script name and target field]

•Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last]

•End Loop

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I have for the script and such but basically instead of importing the pictures in manually I would like to do it without any right clicking but for filemaker to find the image and place it in there for me automatically and then export it where ever I want(this part I can do myself.)

dummy test.zip

See if this helps:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/45545-looping-script-to-extract-container-jpegs/page__p__212714#entry212714

The funny thing is I found that article a while back but it's mainly for exporting containers. I have that down. What I want to do is to automatically import pictures into the containers without having to do it manually. I mean if all it takes is a spreadsheet or script (nothing to complicated just something simple) I am fine by it.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

What I want to do is to automatically import pictures into the containers without having to do it manually.

I am afraid that's not quite clear. "Automatically" - when? And what would it import? From where? What exactly are you doing manually now?

I am afraid that's not quite clear. "Automatically" - when? And what would it import? From where? What exactly are you doing manually now?

All I am trying to do is to have Filemaker import pictures from a different directory/drive (that I know where to direct it). As of now the only way to import a picture inside a container (that I know of) is to right click on the container and click on "insert picture" then find the directory where it is and plop the picture in there. I know there is a better or easier way to import pictures I just need to figure out how it is done.

This topic is 4755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.