Layout image order

Greg Hains

This topic is 4743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi.

I am looking for a method/trick to get around a small problem I am having.

I have a splash sceen that uses an image of 800 x 600 as the background. The database is used over a WAN connection so, depending on the link speed, can take up to 3 seconds to load. I know that some of you are going to come back with the comment that I shouldnt be attempting this but I am looking for information WHY it does what it does so I can work on a solution that best fits.

My problem doesnt seem to be too much different from http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/77847-freeze-window/page__p__364750__hl__image+load+order+layout__fromsearch__1#entry364750 but the topic went dead.

I am trying to achieve the 'most' seamless effect of loading a background image that is used in various screens. As we all know, once the image is loaded into cache, each subsequent screen loads quickly - its just the first one. I was thinking of doing something like having a blank background version of a screen appear then have the next screen with the background image load next - but FM tends to move to the new screen THEN load the image.

Can anybody enlighten me with a technique that may smooth this process out please?

Cheers in advance.

Greg

This topic is 4743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.