Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Line Charts

Stefan_O

This topic is 4706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear all,

since several days I pondering about the problem without finding a solution: I have quite same data organised like this:

Name A400 A500 A600 ...

ABC 10 20 30

XYZ 15 22 13

Now I want to make line charts with having A400-A600 as the X-axis and the field values as Y-values. Inside one record I figured out how to do it by calculating lists for Y and use a list with fixed valus (400;500;600) for X. It works and even allows to have the desired multiple line graphs in one chart. As soon as I want to add another line graph from an other record, they are not one on top of each other as FM uses different X values for each record, regardless if the numbers are the same. Any idea how to get the two line graphs in one chart? I found some similar questions on the web, but no real solution.

The other possibility would be to restructure data in a new table to get

A ABC XYZ

400 10 15

500 20 22

600 30 13

Is there a way to create a temporary table like this from a portal and use it for creating the chart? I tried to write a script to copy the data in a new table but failed there, too.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Stefan

Sorry, if it was not clear. I simply want to have one line chart with two curves with the values (from above):

Record/Dataset ABC: (400, 10), (500, 20), (600, 30)

Record/Dataset XYZ: (400, 15), (500, 22), (600, 13)

With my database setup as described I can have either one, but not both in a single chart. The records will come from a portal with up to eight records.

I attached a file of how the chart should look like (made in Excel).

Regards,

Stefan

Line chart.jpg

In my main table I have one field (named "compare") in each record in which I can enter up to eight names line separated, occuring in the "names" field in other records of the same table. The portal is linked to the "compare" field and shows the records for the up to eight entries. It's a self-joined relation from the "compare" field to "names". Which also means the line chart needs display up to eight curves in one chart.

In the example above the record would be ABC, with ABC, XYZ in the compare field (line sep.). The portal would show

Name A400 A500 A600 ...

ABC 10 20 30

XYZ 15 22 13

Hope this helps,

Stefan

This topic is 4706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.