Server script introduction

This topic is 4689 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm developing a bigger application and the idea is to get it run multi-user between 6-7 people.

I was thinking on getting Filemaker Server on a designated computer on my network to host the data file, and give each user the application files he needs on his local drive.

I just was confronted with scripts that don't run on the server version according to script editor. I have since search but not found clear answers on:

- Does this apply to my applications that run each individual on the clients computers even though they are using the data on the server?

- Does this apply only to applications run from the server on the server?

- I thought the true need of the server version is to assure safety, backup and speed, will the server ever run the client application in my case?

Should I start rewriting all my scripts?

Any hint or link in the right direction is appreciated.

Stefan

Filemaker Pro Advanced 11 / Windows

You have the wrong configuration in mind. When you deploy FileMaker Server the application files stay on the server in a non-shared folder. Each workstation just has FileMaker Pro and the users use "open remote" to open the hosted files. there is nothing to deploy to the workstations.

The server-compatible script steps only apply to server-side script schedules, it does not apply to scripts run by the clients on hosted files.

This topic is 4689 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.