Server Maintenance This Week. ×

JDBC - Connect Refused Error

This topic is 4677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys,

I was able to connect to my FileMaker application hosted on FileMaker server over JDBC fine a couple of weeks ago but now I'm getting this error:

[DataDirect][sequeLink JDBC Driver]TCP/IP error, connection refused.

Session aborted due to network problems.

Socket error, connection refused

[sOCKET]java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I have ODBC/JDBC enabled on the server and I've verified everything is set up as this document indicates.

http://help.filemake...server-advanced

Diagnostics:

From client, I can ping the server. But telnet to port 2399 doesn't work:

$ telnet 10.11.31.74 2399

Trying 10.11.31.74...

telnet: connect to address 10.11.31.74: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

When I run a netstat -an on the server, it doesn't show that anything is listening on port 2399. There is no firewall on the server that would be blocking port 2399.

So far I've tried restarting the server software, and restarting the server machine both to no avail.

Do you guys have any ideas? I'm really stuck at this point.

The netstat confirms that the port is simply not open on your server. The fact that it doesn't open up after a machine restart tells me it's either a firewall problem or that xDBC is *not* running on your FMS.

Disable the firewall on the machine if it is running and try again.

Also check the event log for the last FMS startup and see if it confirms that xDBC has started.

• Newbies

Thanks. This is a windows server so I don't think it uses xDBC, right?

In any case the Windows firewall has always been turned off. I don't think there is any other firewall software but how would I check?

I do see some error message from when I restarted. I can't figure out what they mean though:

Event Type:    Error

Event Source:    SequeLink

Event Category:    None

Event ID:    0

Date:        7/20/2011

Time:        10:40:17 AM

User:        N/A

Computer:	VM74-FILEMAKER

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SequeLink ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failed to load configuration file from C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\FileMaker\XDBC\cfg\swandm.ini

• Newbies

Update:

I figured out how to start some service manually. I guess it's what I want:

C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\Extensions\xDBC Support\bin\ddfmsoc.exe -servicename FMSocket_SL55 -datamodel "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\Extensions\xDBC Support\cfg\swandm.ini"

When I started it, I got an event about a directory not existing so I created it:

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\FileMaker\XDBC\logging

Then it started, and I could telenet in from the client machine.  But I still couldn't connect from DB Visualizer.

I now see these error messages in the event viewer:

Event Source:    FMSocket_SL55

Date:   	 7/22/2011

Time:   	 8:55:54 AM

User:   	 N/A

Computer:    VM74-FILEMAKER

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3059,ErrorMessage=The specified data source is not defined..

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3005,ErrorMessage=sched.swschd.1849.Internal error, fatal server error detected..

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3005,ErrorMessage=sched.swschd.2359.Internal error, fatal server error detected..

Time:   	 8:55:55 AM

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3059,ErrorMessage=The specified data source is not defined..

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3005,ErrorMessage=sched.swschd.1849.Internal error, fatal server error detected..

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3005,ErrorMessage=sched.swschd.2359.Internal error, fatal server error detected..

This topic is 4677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.