Portal [ check product item to ask for more details ]

imoree

This topic is 4636 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

i have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I am trying to come up with a system that

when user chooses a product from a drop down list in a portal, it is added. The only issue i need is that

If the user chooses a cake ( i need to ask for the flavor, filling, message,etc ) then take those variables & add to the order

but not the portal.

1st - is this possible

2nd - any other way to get this behavior.

thank you

-imoree

Not sure what you mean by "add to the order but not the portal". Surely an order does not have a flavor, does it?

In any case, I don't think we have enough information to provide an answer. Do all products have variations? How different/similar are they from product to product?

I think i figured a solution out.

What i did was write a script so when it is sent to be printed my script loops through the

portal object , checks for "keywords" and then alerts user to missing data & then goes to set field contents.

At least this seems to be working for me right now.

to answer the question above. All products do have variations. e.g - cupcakes & cakes ( buttercream, whip cream, fondant), cupcakes , whip cream, image, buttercream , cream cheese. Cookies, image , iced, etc

Various combinations and customization options.

-i

I would run a script when a product is selected. You can do this by attaching a script trigger to the drop-down list in the portal - or you could have another portal showing all products and select the product by clicking on it. The script would open a new window where the user can choose all variations available for the selected product.

That concerns the user interface - there's another question here how to organize the data itself.

This topic is 4636 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.