Server Maintenance This Week. ×

error sending email using Thunderbird

jjjjp

This topic is 4582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One of the users of the database I developed uses Thunderbird as her default mail program. When the program tries to send an email out, she gets the attached email message, which reads, "Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem." FM generates the error code 130, with the following description: "Files are damaged or missing and must be reinstalled." This happened with FM server as the host and a Mac with Leopard installed as the client (FM v11.4). I was able to reproduce the exact error using my local FM program (also v11.4), with Thunderbird temporarily installed as the default mail program on a Mac with Lion.

Is Thunderbird a problem, does FM need to be reconfigured, or is something else going on? I cannot find any forum topics that take up this problem. Thanks in advance if you have any insight to offer.

thunderbird error.png.zip

• 1 month later...

Just to help isolate the issue have you tried setting mac mail as the default and sending mail that way?

Yes that would work, but the problem is that some people prefer to keep Thunderbird as their default. What I ended up doing was to script all emails to send by SMTP.

There were know issues with Thunderbird..I'm surprised your search didn't turn up a thread.

I can't remember how exactly I searched when I first sent my post out (I think it may have been not long after the new search procedure was put in place, which I found less easy to use than what it replaced). But I did eventually figure out what the issues were and how to resolve them by doing a google search.

Did you search the FM Help system?

Thunderbird is not listed as a compatible mail client for OS X. Limits are:

Mail

Entourage

Eudora 5

Office 2011 isn't listed but support was added after FMP 11.0v3

Thunderbird has never been listed.

This topic is 4582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.