Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating the executable file

This topic is 4622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi to all,

I create the executable file from file maker pro 11 advanced using the developer utilities. The created 'run time solution' is working properly in file maker installed systems, In other systems it is not opened, it shows as 'configuration settings error'.

The file has been created using file maker 5, but i used currently File maker 11 advanced.

Please anyone tell me how to create the package as executable in windows operating system without installing the file maker application.

Thanks in advnce.

The file was created using FM5? If so, it must be opened in FM11 (converted) before you can use it as the basis of a runtime.

Also, runtime files must be created on the same platform that they'll be used. That is, a MacOS runtime must be created using FMA on a Mac.

Make certain that you have installed all the updates to FM11A, as there were some issues in the first release.

Are you also aware that runtimes are not multi-user? They are NOT a replacement for a licensed copy of FM client in a multi-user environment.

Hi bcooney,

Thanks for the reply,

I'm using the file maker in windows os and i convert using the Tools - > Developer utilities

The window will be opened, in that i add the file need to be converted,

1.Rename the file,

2.specify the path needs to save.

3.In the solution option

i. Select the 'Create run time solution application'

ii. Change the run time name and click OK.

4. Finally click the 'Create button'

It automatically creates the exe solution in the specified path.

The exe is working in the same machine and the file maker installed windows machine. but in other windows machine, it does not opened and shows the error.

Is this right way to create the exe file or any other ways to create the exe files.

FM5 is a different file format that FM11. If you open a .fp5 file with FM11, Filemaker will talk you through the file conversion to .fp7.

Creating a runtime is not a "conversion." After you have a .fp7 file, then you use Developer Utilities to create the runtime.

Hi bcooney,

as you said it automatically convert into .fp5 to .fp7 file format.

After that using the developer utilities i create the run time solution, using the steps as I said in my 2nd post in this topic. but it is working in the same system i create the run time solution,and file maker installed systems. Other windows system, the exe file didn't open. It shows the configuration error.

Please give me the steps need to follow, while creating the run time.

If the runtime works on the original box, then your steps to create it are correct. Are you transferring all the .dll files created by FileMaker along with the .exe to the new box?

The error will be shown as "The file is not configured properly! reinstalling the application may fix the problem".

The above error will be shown while open this application in without file maker installed system.The Source and destination OS of the file is windows XP.

This topic is 4622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.