RemoteScripter IWP Errors

This topic is 3076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm using the RemoteScripter Demo and the plugin example (FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 / Mac OS 10.6.8 / Firewall off for good measure!).

The "IWP_Generate PDF" script appears to be working properly as it produces the PDF and (optionally) emails a copy to myself when run from inside FileMaker.

The plugin appears to be working correctly as when I navigate to http://localhost:7244 the pdf is successfully created an emailed to the address I inputed in FileMaker.

However when I attempt to generate the PDF using IWP, nothing happens and an error message is displayed at the top of the layout. When opening IWP the message reads "We are running in the FileMaker Web Publishing Engine; ready to trigger script" after clicking the Generate PDF button:

192.168.1.125 is my localhost IP, I don't know what the other two devices are but when I ping them they both respond.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 years later...
  • Newbies

Hi,

Although many years passed since the original post was made I get the same issue. 

1. I can call remotescripter from the browser using http://localhost:50009 and it runs fine.
2. I can not get it to work calling it from webdirect using a script and setting a variable with the RemoteScripterTrigger functions. Nothing seems to happen at all and I don't get any error logged from RemoteScripter nor in the server-log.
3. It hangs if I run the same script (setting a variable with the RemoteScripterTrigger functions) in fmpa. (First time I ran it a got an error that demo had expired so I restarted and ran again.)

Thanks,
Fredrik

If you are getting any errors they will not be in the server plugin logs. Errors will either be recorded in the local plugin logs on the listening machine or the web publishing logs. See this page for log locations.  Also, instead of using localhost try using the IP address of the listening machine. If you are unable to understand the logs yourself or if you can not get it to work please email [email protected] linking to this thread and we will be able to assist you further.

This topic is 3076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.