Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using the CheckWhetherFileExists function with file names that contain a forward slash "/"

This topic is 4604 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to apply the CheckWhetherFileExists function and the MoveOrRenameFile function to file names that contain a forward slash ("/"), i.e. a forward slash is part of the file name. The function CheckWhetherFileExists is not handling paths that involve such file names correctly. I presume that it interprets the "/" as the separation between a folder and the filename, when in fact that whole thing is the file name. Is there any way I can sort of "escape" the last forward slash so that the ScriptMaster plugin looks for a filename that contains a forward slash? Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Marcelo

• Newbies

You could try using '\:' for it...I think that's how Macs display '/'. Windows doesn't let you put any slashes in the file names that I've seen.

Thank you very much for responding. Are you saying that I could replace the forward slash "/" in the path that I feed to the

CheckWhetherFileExists function with a backslash and a colon "\:", and in a Mac, the ScripMaster plugin may interpret that as a forward slash in the file name as opposed to the end of the directory name?

Yeah, I think you could try that. The problem is the function reads the input as straight text.

If that doesn't work the only other option I know about is to modify the function to force it to read the file names with "odd" characters. We can do that for $165 per hour of development time or you can modify it yourself.

If you are interested in having us do the development, e-mail [email protected]

This topic is 4604 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.