Server Maintenance This Week. ×

MySQL error when using accent marks in FileMaker (Incorrect string value: '\xE9' for column)

This topic is 3025 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FileMaker database that contains text with special characters such as accent marks and bullets (Example: • Chicken Liver Paté). Whenever I try to create a record in the MySQL database via an ODBC connection I get an error if it has one of the special characters. I am pretty sure that this is an encoding issue. I have tried changing the encoding settings but so far I have not been able to resolve the error.

>>> Here is the exact error:

ODBC communication/link error. Please check your network connection and/or database server.

I am a novice with MySQL. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Newbies

Hi,

I'm running into the same issue but cannot figure out where to change the Advanced Language settings.

I'm running Windows 2008 R2 with FileMaker Server 12. There are 2 ODBC drivers to choose from (see first image): MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver and SQL Server.

The current ODBC connection was created by using MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver. The communication works but the export to my MySQL database fails due the "incorrect string values" error.

When I try to create a new ODBC connection I do not see the mentioned language settings (image 2).

Can someone provide a hint please how and where to change the advanced language settings?

Thanks a lot!

Martin

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-22 um 17.53.01.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-22 um 18.00.09.png

This topic is 3025 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.