Emailing via Eudora

BobWeaver

This topic is 7393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just installed Eudora 5.01 on my Mac last week. I selected the "send immediately" option in the setup, but when I use the Send Mail from Filemaker, it queues the mail until I go into Eudora and manually send it. Is there something that I'm missing here?

Never mind. I just figured it out.

Eudora just queues any mail that gets sent from Filemaker no matter what the send options are. That makes sense, because if Filemaker sent 1000 emails, it would be very inefficient to send each one as Eudora gets it. In order to send all queued mail, I added a short applescript to my Filemaker script right after the send mail step:

tell app "Eudora"

connect given sending:true

quit

end tell

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've got the same problem, trying to send mail through Eudora. i.e. Mail is opened but I have to manually hit either Queue or Send for each one.

I tried adding your applescript step but it does not send the message Amy clue what *I* am missing on this? :-)

From memory, Eudora has a "send on check" option whereby it sends queued messages every time it checks for mail. Set it to check for new mail every 10 minutes or so.

Hi, Bob! I hope someone posts a solution for you, but if not, you may want to look at some FileMaker plug-ins. I haven't used any myself, but I think there are several that are available that work w/mail. We use the Eudora manual queue/send to double-check our data entry before sending a confirmation notice and use -Mail tags for our auto-sends on the web.

--ST

This topic is 7393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.