Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Records added onto PDF's

imaslowmoose

This topic is 4561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I run a talent agency and I have just started using Filemaker to be more efficient in submitting my talent to jobs. I know how to do finds to filter out my database and export them to PDF's to send to clients however is there an easy way to select a random group of people out of my database and add them onto the report to export as a PDF? I apologize if I am not being clear enough can anyone help?

Your first challenge, then, is marking records. Is this a multi-user system? That is, do your marks differ from someone else's and they should be "session" specific?

If so, see link.

else, create a flag field, flag_Marked and place it on your list view formatted as a checkbox with a value list of 1.

Even if the solution is single user I advocate storing flag data like this in a global field (or, if needed to be persistent between sessions, a prefs record). It avoids editing the records and changing the modification dates and times etc..

Thanks for the vote, Vaughan. Good points about mod changes.

A Mark All would loop through all the records, building the global:

Go to First

Loop

Set g_IDs = g_IDs & CR & _kP_ID

Next, exit after last

End Loop

However, if your goal is to then create a PDF report of the Marked, why would you need a Mark All? Perhaps it is to Mark All and then selectively unmark a few?

This topic is 4561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.